COME: Assistant Head of College Engagement
The Assistant Head of College Engagement supports the Head of College Engagement in providing direction to the College Engagement team in building relationships with Colleges and Universities in NJ, and overseeing college student volunteers who actively recruit college students to coach STEM Outreach programs to NJ middle school students. The goal of this role is to ensure college student volunteers are enlisted to Coach/deliver STEM Outreach Programs.
- Participate in overseeing the development of a network of connections (i.e college administration, faculty, student groups) at target universities focused on college student volunteerism
- With the support of JerseySTEM HR team, participate in overseeing recruitment of College Engagement Managers for each target campus
- Assist in providing direction and support to College Engagement team through weekly meetings and task assignments
- With the support of JerseySTEM Marketing team and Curriculum team, participate in increasing awareness of what JerseySTEM offers and how college students can volunteer
- Work with the Head of College Engagement and to Coordinate with JerseySTEM HR team and Curriculum team at the beginning of each semester to assign college student coaches to Outreach Programs
- With the support of JerseySTEM HR team and Corporate Engagement team, create/coordinate meaningful development opportunities for college student volunteers (i.e. career mentoring).
- As the Assistant Head, this role is the step-in candidate for the Head of College Engagement.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience leading a team and/or function
- Local to NJ (car and license for occasional travel to a campus)
- Recruiting experience
- Strong networking skills and ability to think creatively/out of the box
- BS/BA degree
- Previous experience with college/university volunteerism
JerseySTEM utilizes G-Suite (Gmail, Sheets...), JIRA and Slack
Since most roles in the organization are virtual, it requires access to a personal computer and WiFi
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
Our Mission JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st century problem solving skills, and self esteem. Our Goals Reduce the gender gap in STEM participation by serving 25,000 girls by 2025 Bridge the innovation gap in STEM education by introducing novel formats for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Address the opportunity gap by expanding access to STEM programs in underserved communities
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.