Clean Up at Clearwater Beach Recreation Center
City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
The Clearwater Beach Recreation Center is looking for help with clean ups!
We are looking for volunteers to help clean trash out from around the water’s edge in the park between the pool and the recreation center. This is about 150-200 yard stretch of mangroves between the pool and rec center including around the back deck of the rec center. We will supply trash bags trash pickers including a 6 ft long trash picker to help get further back in the mangroves. There are dumpsters on site for disposal.
You as the volunteer can choose to help when you are available during these time frames: M-F 8-6, or Saturday 8-12.
If interested, please contact the Volunteer Manager at email@example.com
About City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
Municipal Services Building, 100 S. Myrtle Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33756, US
The City of Clearwater, Parks & Recreation Department relies on the generosity of its volunteers. With their help, we are able to provide our community with meaningful community programs and events, and beautiful landscapes to work, play, and live in. We welcome you to join our team by becoming a volunteer!
The Parks and Recreation Volunteer Program is committed to:
- Offering you a positive and worthwhile experience.
- Offering a wide variety of opportunities and flexible schedules for all volunteers.
- Offering local students a variety of opportunities to earn education service hours and complete projects, such as Bright Futures and Eagle Badges.
- Completing a local law enforcement background check and Florida Sexual Offender check on all registered, long-term volunteers or anyone working with children.
- Insuring the safety of all volunteers, staff and citizens who interact with us.
- Acknowledging the efforts and time of all volunteers through various means of appreciation.
- Accepting students, adults, individuals, groups, businesses and other community organizations that wish to give their time and talents to improve the City of Clearwater and it’s Parks and Recreation services, facilities and programs.
- Treating all volunteers equally regardless of age, sex, color, race, national origin, religious preference, political beliefs, or disabilities that do not prohibit performance of volunteer.