31 people are interested
URGENT! Fire Season! Disaster Relief Shelter Service Associate NEEDED! Impact Your Community
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
31 people are interested
The Red Cross San Bernardino County Chapter is in need of COVID-19 Shelter Service Associate temp positions.
The Shelter Service Associate is a temporary position assigned to work in person in a Red Cross shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Shelter Service Associates complete tasks necessary for shelter operations and provide assistance for disaster clients. Shelter Service Associates support the day-to-day activities within a shelter which may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
- Following worker safety procedures for working in a COVID environment
- Embodying the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross in their work with clients, disaster responders, and partners
- Providing excellent client service and support the daily maintenance of the shelter operation at the direction of the assigned Shelter Supervisor
- Using the Shift Tool during the disaster event to report availability and schedule shelter shifts
- Completing the required virtual self-paced training (3 hours of training total)
Local: Minimum of 5 days working 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts
Beyond region: Minimum of 14 days working 8 or 12 hour shifts
Hurricane/Wildfire Season 2021
- Ability to build appropriate and effective relationships with co-workers and shelter residents.
- Ability to support and correct performance, manage conflict and ask for help early on so that workflow and service delivery does not impact shelter residents or the shelter community.
- Demonstrates clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communication.
- Lift / carry 20 lbs. multiple times/shift.
- Stand and or sit for two-hour periods and walk for two miles during a shift.
- Walk on uneven terrain.
- Work outdoors in inclement weather, extreme heat and/or humidity and/or extreme cold.
- Climb two or more flights of stairs.
- Speak clearly on phone and in person.
- Work for long periods on the computer and/or reading small print and/or writing.
- Drive-in daytime and at night
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in a COVID -19 disaster shelter before, during, and/or after a disaster event
- Availability to sign up for shifts on consecutive days (shifts maybe 4, 8, or 12 hours long)
- Willing to complete 3 hours of virtual self-paced training required for the position
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT!"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
July 28, 2023
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Crisis Counseling
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Local: Multiple 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts *Length of Appointment : i.e. 1 year commitment; renewable Hurricane/Wildfire Season 2021
- Do you want to IMPACT LIVES? All the training is done virtually, you do not need to leave the luxury from your home. TURN COMPASSION INTO ACTION!