International Humanitarian Law (IHL) Youth Action Campaign Club Coordinator! (S. Florida ar
American Red Cross - South Florida Region
The International Humanitarian Law Youth Action Campaign Club Coordinator is an adult who partners with High School Students to create, implement, and evaluate peer to peer advocacy and education projects related to International Humanitarian Law. International Humanitarian Law teaches the Geneva Conventions or the rules of war. Each year, a special topic is selected for the students to research, advocate for, and educate their peers. Previous topics include: healthcare during war, and using robotics during war.
We are searching for a coordinator to assist with this program in the Palm Beach County area. The majority of the tasks and responsibilities can be performed remotely but 1 or more in-person meetings with the clubs at some time during the school year may be necessary.
Skills and interests include:
- Must love working with teenagers
- Project management experience preferred
- Interest in International Humanitarian Law
- Must have availability between 3pm-6pm and on weekends (when the youth are available)
- Should be comfortable texting with youth or using WhatsApp (using their preferred communication methods)
- 3-4 hours per week, virtually (in person may be requested if the schools open in the fall)
- Program runs from July through May (must be able to commit to entirety of program)
About American Red Cross - South Florida Region
1250 Northpoint Parkway, West Palm Beach, FL 33407, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.