Volunteer Admin Assistant
The Buddy Project, Inc.
- Schedule meetings for The Founder and Technical Director and arrange calendar.
- Respond to Inquires about The Buddy Project Program
- Create logos, brochures, and other media as needed about The Buddy Project programs
- Write Tax Receipt Letters for computers and money donated.
- Solicit Computer Donations
- Keep Office neat and Tidy
- Arrange The Buddy Project Computer Pick-ups
- Work on Autism Advocacy Speaking-Editing eBooks, Blogs, and the EricDZimmerman.com website
- Keep Binder on "Non-Mission Based Charitable Activities" to keep track of charitable work we do to help others but outside of our mission.
Special Perks include:
- 4 Free Computers a Year
- Use of Company Laptop
Please email me with any questions:
Eric D. Zimmerman
Founder and Technical Director
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Buddy Project, Inc.
2107 Chestnut Lane, Frederick, MD 21702, US
The Buddy Project is an organization that provides technology , training, and advocacy to the disabled.
The Buddy Project is the only nonprofit technology organization for the disabled in Maryland, and has already served more than 130 individuals since its founding. The Buddy Project provides refurbished computers to those who are intellectually and developmentally disabled. These computers are not to be used as a family computer and are set up specifically for people with disabilities. The Buddy Project is an increasingly vital part of the disabled community and plans to be an important advocate and educational resource to the general public about disabled individuals. In fact, this is a dire need in the disabled community due to the misconception that disabled people cannot learn to use technology.
Once the client receives the refurbished computer, there is a training curriculum that is covered with each and every client to help them better understand their computer and how they work. We work with the client for as long as he or she is a part of The Buddy Project. Eventually the client will be assigned a Program Manager that will work with him/her on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Furthermore, all computers are maintained by The Buddy Project and are switched out about every two years in order to allow the client the best technology experience possible.