Attention Nurses: Clara Barton's Organization (Red Cross) Needs You
American Red Cross of Southeastern PA
NURSING NETWORK REGIONAL NURSES needed in Southeast Pennsylvania -- including Philadelphia. Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware, and Chester Counties. Contact Ned.Bloom@RedCross.org.
The American Red Cross of Southeast PA (SEPA) seeks volunteer Nursing Network Regional Nurse Leads to follow in the footsteps of our founder Clara Barton, a.k.a. "the angel of the battlefield" for her independent nursing work during the Civil War. In this volunteer role, you will partner with the Regional Volunteer Services Officer (RVSO) -- and local Volunteer Services Specialists -- to recruit health professional volunteers.
- Proactively supporting and guiding Red Cross units in volunteer recruitment, reception, retention, and recognition to build health professional capacity across all Lines of Service (LOS) and at all levels of the organization in support of organizational and regional priorities.
- Assisting units in volunteer recruitment to reflect community demographics.
- Acting as a resource for nursing and health in the region across all business lines, working collaboratively with Nursing Network leaders and others to achieve the Chief Nurse Initiatives.
- Establishing a good working relationship with key leaders at the regional level (e.g., Emergency Services Director, CEO, nurse/health leaders in other business lines).
- Establishing relationships with community partners (nurses and non-nurses) and maintain updated rosters.
- Coordinating meetings for regional nurses and other health professionals, engaging colleagues and partners as appropriate in support of the Chief Nurse Initiatives.
- Regularly communicating nursing and health-related successes (e.g., awards, media coverage, projects) to other Nursing Network leaders and through other communication venues
- Ensuring that nurse volunteers enter their nurse-specific information in Volunteer Connection and submit all volunteer hours.
- Submitting all hours in Volunteer Connection on at least a monthly basis and maintain an updated Volunteer Connection profile.
- Completing quarterly metrics and annual Nursing & Health Leaders Diversity Survey.
- Recruiting and support Nursing Network Engagement Specialists as needed.
Requires current, unencumbered, active licensure as registered nurse (RN preferred) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) along with willingness to learn all Red Cross Lines of Service, strong interpersonal, communications, and team building/relationship skills,
About American Red Cross of Southeastern PA
2221 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the POWER OF VOLUNTEERS and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities -- including:
Over 90% of what we do is done and led by amazing Red Cross Volunteers! Join our team. Meet new friends. Learn new skills. Help where and when it is needed most. All based on your interests and availability.
- Biomedical/Blood Services as an Screener, Ambassador or Driver
- Disaster Cycle Services as a Responder (locally and/or nationally) or Recovery Caseworker
- Emergency Preparedness as a Smoke Alarm Installer or Youth Educator
- Community Outreach
- Volunteer Services
- Service to the Armed Forces