1 person is interested
1 person is interested
The Be Good Project is looking for experienced Volunteer Managers to manage volunteer signup, onboarding, follow-up, and release process for our Banana App project.
Apply now at www.thebegoodproject.org/bananaapp.
In response to the recent CoVid situation that has affected our communities, we believe that this is a great time to increase development work on our initiative as even though there are obvious changes in buying habits from both consumers and manufacturers, food waste is inevitable and must be addressed more than ever as hunger tend to exist more when an epidemic hits our local economy. This is an urgent opportunity to help us work on high-level development tasks to help us ship the Alpha version as soon as possible.
The Banana App is a tech initiative of the Be Good Project in an effort to help alleviate poverty by preventing unintentional hunger and reducing food wastage.
The United States wastes 150,000 tons of food each day - equal to a pound per person. Up to 40 percent of the food in the United States is never eaten. But at the same time, one in eight Americans struggles to put enough food on the table - NRDC In 2015, according to the USDA, Americans threw away 133 billion pounds of food worth $161 billion, which equates to almost 220 lbs per person. Wasted food is the single largest category of material placed in municipal landfills and represents nourishment that could have helped feed families in need. Additionally, water, energy, and labor used to produce wasted food could have been employed for other purposes. - fda Even though these levels are alarming, a lot of opportunities still exist to help farms, supermarkets and restaurants rescue food from being misallocated, misplaced and even misused. And that's why the Banana App is here!
Our mobile-based project "Banana App" will provide supermarkets/groceries/produce-stands/restaurants a time-sensitive platform to donate bananas/produce/foods that are considered not aesthetically-pleasing for market display or sale but still edible and in good condition.
Verified no-to-low-income clients/homeless individuals will be able to register using our app. Upon completion and approval of the application, the user can accept and pick up these donations.
- Develop strategies for volunteer recruitment and onboarding processes with the management team.
- Perform initial screening and recruit volunteers and ensure they are appropriately matched and trained for a position
- Assist new volunteers with signup and onboarding process and act a point of contact in case of any issues
- Communicate regularly with other managers contact to update them on the status of the volunteer(s) and the community partner(s)
- Promote volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns
- Recruit and train volunteer management team members and maintain the pipeline of volunteers for other teams.
REQUIRED SKILLS -
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in volunteer management and knowledge of related admin and/or HR process
- Good in written and oral communication
- Knowledge of volunteer management tools preferred but not necessary
VISA REQUIREMENT -
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to accept volunteers on certain U.S. visas with volunteering restrictions due to complications with work authorization and the possibility of putting one’s visa status at risk. We are currently working towards finding a permanent solution that allows U.S. visa holders to safely volunteer with us, but until then, please do not apply if you are a U.S. visa holder. We apologize for the unfortunate situation, and we hope to allow everyone an opportunity to become a volunteer soon. Please see our visa statement for more information.
- We are based in Seattle, WA (Pacific Time)
- Volunteers outside the Pacific Northwest are welcome but are encouraged to check our location's time difference.
Please apply here and sign up using Volunteer Application form.
Help us create the Banana App, if you're ready to be our next teammate, our community needs you.
About THE BE GOOD PROJECT FOUNDATION
PO BOX 28745, SEATTLE, WA 98118, US
To build a strong community of people linked together by common good dedicated and united in helping each other end hunger and poverty through open education, constantly evolving technology and effective volunteerism.
All volunteer-funded and volunteer-led! Hunger Relief & Education Advocacies for all! Food-based/Tech-Based nonprofit! We are currently working on one of our most game-changing initiatives yet, the Banana App!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 31, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Performance Management
- Around 5 hrs per week