Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
The JAARS Health Clinic could use you. You can provide medical services for JAARS and furloughing staff. We also provide medical support to those overseas. As a community service we also offer immunizations for church teams going abroad.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
For a 0.2 to 1.0 FTE (8-40 hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Perform patient medical exams
- Order or perform relevant tests, analyses and X-rays
- Administer or prescribe treatments, drugs, inoculations and vaccinations
- Make recommendations for consultation with medical specialists based on evaluation of medical condition and history
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Must have current MD or DO medical license in good standing with state of North Carolina
- Must be board certified in area of specialty and maintain active certification
- Experience in primary care medicine or area of specialty as applicable
- Experience in the diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases is helpful but not required
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.