Receptionist & Office Assistant
About the opportunity
Why the charity want you
If you are a people person and like making people welcome this is a great choice of role. If you’ve had previous office or reception experience or it’s something you’d like to go into this role will be a good fit for you. You’ll need to be outgoing and confident enough to ask questions if you’re not sure. You’ll need to be happy in a team but also self-starting as there will be times when you’re on your own.
What you will be doing
Meeting and greeting visitors to the home, providing a friendly welcome and information
Ensuring all visitors are signed in and out of the home
Supporting the Home Team with office admin
Getting to know residents and their guests so you can help keep the home safe
What's in it for you
Full Induction including Dementia Friends Session
Role Specific Training
OSJCT offer references for their volunteers
They reimburse out of pocket expenses
And you can be proud that their home makes a great first impression because of you
Experience in a care setting for your CV
About The Orders of St John Care Trust
The Orders of St John Care Trust homes specialise in the provision of long term care - residential, nursing or for those suffering from dementia. They also provide day care facilities, intermediate, rehabilitation and respite care. All services are provided for older people of any background, irrespective of race or religion, according the highest standard of quality care.
* To deliver individual high quality care in an unobtrusive way respecting privacy and dignity
* To provide a homely environment in which residents feel comfortable and free to entertain their family and friends
* To consult with residents and fully involve them in decisions about their care, their lifestyle and their home
* To ensure that the residents and day care visitors enjoy a fulfilling life in an atmosphere of warmth and understanding
* To provide care services that are resident led and reflect diverse cultural values
* To train employees in order to enable personal development and achievement of individual potential and ensure delivery of the highest standards of care
What are they looking for?
The skills you need
You'll be self-motivated and willing to work independently at times
You'll be a people person who enjoys the company of older people
You'll be a natural communicator, with both written and verbal communication skills
You'll be discreet and able to respect confidentiality when handling sensitive information
You'll be organised and able to learn and follow new processes
You'll be IT literate, comfortable using Word, Excel and Outlook
Induction and training will be provided, expenses will be reimbursed. Working hours are flexible depending on availability.
About Volunteering Gloucestershire
340 High Street, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 3JF, GB
Supporting with all areas of volunteer recruitment.
Volunteering Gloucestershire supports organisations, charities and community groups with volunteer recruitment, management and advice. Volunteering Gloucestershire also helps people wanting to volunteer to find roles that will suit their skills, abilities and interests.