Neighborly/Meals on Wheels Pinellas County
City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
Neighborly/Meals on Wheels Pinellas County provides homebound seniors with a nutritious meal and social connection. Neighborly is in need of volunteer drivers (only about a one-hour commitment per week!) to deliver lunchtime meals to approximately 10-15 seniors. Choose from nine locations throughout Pinellas County! Please click here to learn more and to apply: https://neighborly.org/volunteer-opportunities/
A number of strategies have been employed to keep our volunteers, and clients, safe during the pandemic. These include not entering clients’ homes and providing personal protective equipment.
If any questions please contact Hilary Douglas at HDouglass@neighborly.org.
About City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
Municipal Services Building, 100 S. Myrtle Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33756, US
The City of Clearwater, Parks & Recreation Department relies on the generosity of its volunteers. With their help, we are able to provide our community with meaningful community programs and events, and beautiful landscapes to work, play, and live in. We welcome you to join our team by becoming a volunteer!
The Parks and Recreation Volunteer Program is committed to:
- Offering you a positive and worthwhile experience.
- Offering a wide variety of opportunities and flexible schedules for all volunteers.
- Offering local students a variety of opportunities to earn education service hours and complete projects, such as Bright Futures and Eagle Badges.
- Completing a local law enforcement background check and Florida Sexual Offender check on all registered, long-term volunteers or anyone working with children.
- Insuring the safety of all volunteers, staff and citizens who interact with us.
- Acknowledging the efforts and time of all volunteers through various means of appreciation.
- Accepting students, adults, individuals, groups, businesses and other community organizations that wish to give their time and talents to improve the City of Clearwater and it’s Parks and Recreation services, facilities and programs.
- Treating all volunteers equally regardless of age, sex, color, race, national origin, religious preference, political beliefs, or disabilities that do not prohibit performance of volunteer.