Student Outreach/Publicity Volunteers Needed
ROBOTICS FOR ALL
Robotics for All is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of leveling the opportunity gap by providing free STEM classes to underserved communities. This summer, Robotics for All is running online programming and CAD classes for K-8th graders. Volunteers are needed to help with publicizing these classes to students, using a variety of online platforms.
- Using pre-created flyers and blurbs, publicize our online classes to students all over the country.
- We do not have any preference as to which online platform we use, but it should reach parents of students from grades K-8th.
- 3-10 hours/week of independent work.
- Possibly 1 hour long team meeting per week if necessary.
- Earn community service hours for time spent in team meetings and independent work.
- Leading a Robotics for All class will look good on any resume, whether applying for a future internship, job, or college
- Potential future leadership positions may be offered, including positions on Robotics for All’s Board of Directors.
- Learn valuable leadership skills.
- Rising 9th grader in high school or above.
- Experience doing internet-based outreach and publicity.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Outreach experience particularly to parents of students grade K-8th.
- Experience publicizing camps and extracurricular programs for students.
About ROBOTICS FOR ALL
4205 SUZANNE DR, PALO ALTO, CA 94306, US
Robotics for All strives to educate students at schools with over 50% low income students in robotics and STEM to help them gain beneficial skills which will be useful throughout the rest of their academic and professional careers.
Founded in April 2017 and officially incorporated in July 2018, Robotics for All aims to bridge the achievement gap by teaching robotics to students at schools with over 50% low-income students. To do this, Robotics for All offers free after school robotics classes. There are three curriculums, allowing Robotics for All to teach from 1st - 3rd grade.
Robotics for All is entirely volunteer based, with currently 21 volunteers. Classes are offered at three schools across two states. As of February 2019, Robotics for All has taught 133 students.