The role is responsible for maintaining our current collaboration tool, Slack
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- You will manage slack
- All helpdesk tickets related to slack will be routed to you
- Design lifecycle around slack administration
- Documenting slack resources
- Maintaining channels and following security best practices
- Work with other departments to foster adoption of slack
- Strong grasp of security principles
- Create multi/single guest channel users when requested
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Be willing and eager to proactively seek and accept help from inside and outside the organization. Can work independently.
- Focused on the end goal (serving the underprivileged middle school girls), not the process.
- Experience with documenting and training others on the task at hand (interns, new volunteers).
- Customer Service oriented.
- Know slack
Required Education and Experience
- Experience in Slack Administration.
Weekly Time Commitment Required
Please Note: Recruiting Partners please indicate this in the posting-
"If you are interested in this volunteer position with JerseySTEM, please complete the application here: volunteer.apply.jerseystem.org AND with VolunteerMatch."
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
Our Mission JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st century problem solving skills, and self esteem. Our Goals Reduce the gender gap in STEM participation by serving 25,000 girls by 2025 Bridge the innovation gap in STEM education by introducing novel formats for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Address the opportunity gap by expanding access to STEM programs in underserved communities
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.