5 people are interested
5 people are interested
Communications Coordinator (SUMMARIZED VERSION)
The Be Good Project is looking for an experienced Communications Coordinator for our Banana App project.
See more information at www.thebegoodproject.org/bananaapp and www.bananaapp.org .
In response to the recent CoVid situation that has affected our communities, we believe that this is a great time to increase development work on our initiative as even though there are obvious changes in buying habits from both consumers and manufacturers, food waste is inevitable and must be addressed more than ever as hunger tend to exist more when an epidemic hits our local economy. This is an urgent opportunity to help us work on high-level development tasks to help us ship the Alpha version as soon as possible. Remote work available.
The Banana App is a tech initiative of the Be Good Project in an effort to help alleviate poverty by preventing unintentional hunger and reducing food wastage.
The United States wastes 150,000 tons of food each day - equal to a pound per person. Up to 40 percent of the food in the United States is never eaten. But at the same time, one in eight Americans struggles to put enough food on the table - NRDC In 2015, according to the USDA, Americans threw away 133 billion pounds of food worth $161 billion, which equates almost 220 lbs per person. Wasted food is the single largest category of material placed in municipal landfills and represents nourishment that could have helped feed families in need. Additionally, water, energy, and labor used to produce wasted food could have been employed for other purposes. - fda Even though these levels are alarming, a lot of opportunities still exist to help farms, supermarkets and restaurants rescue food from being misallocated, misplaced and even misused. And that's why the Banana App is here!
Our mobile-based project "Banana App" will provide supermarkets/groceries/produce-stands/restaurants a time-sensitive platform to donate bananas/produce/foods that are considered not aesthetically-pleasing for market display or sale but still edible and in good condition.
Verified no-to-low-income clients/homeless individuals will be able to register using our app. Upon completion and approval of the application, the user can accept and pick up these donations.
- Maintain a deep understanding of brand, audience, and company objectives on an ongoing basis to ensure all communications make clear how the work ties back to our broader mission, goals, and values.
- Provide input on messaging and positioning, and influence stakeholders as needed to ensure communications are impactful and aligned with our desired tone.
- Create opportunities for dialogue across all levels of the organization. This will include drafting written communications, developing presentations for All Hands, monitoring Slack to engage with employees, and hosting employee engagement events.
- Use brand standards to write memorable, compelling, and engaging content in an audience appropriate tone including investor and employee communications, press releases, content for our career sites, blogs, social media postings and change management communications.
- Utilize our employee listening channels (e.g., All Hands meetings, Slack, engagement surveys, Office Hours) to ensure we are listening and learning from our employees and grounding our communications in data.
- Work with the volunteer management team to manage internal and external surveys for volunteer engagement.
- Plan strategic brand aligned employee engagement activities across mediums.
- Partner closely with designers to create audience centric collateral and layouts for communications including Google Slides presentations, documentation, and event specific collateral.
- Act as primary point of contact and lead detailed communication plans for communication projects such as executive communications, product launches, change management, investor relations, and campaigns.
- Track results and apply key learnings to improve future communications, content, and engagement.You should be comfortable trying new things in order to see what resonates best with our various audiences.
- 3-4 years of communications experience in an in-house, agency, or startup environment
- Demonstrated results in problem solving, strategic, creative thinker comfortable with generating ideas and plans, and getting those plans across the finish line.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout/design skills; must be able to communicate concepts effectively.
- Substantial project management and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and change direction quickly according to fast-evolving business needs.
- Passionate, positive, self-starter who enjoys working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite, Slack, and Jira preferred
- Bachelor's degree or Experience in Communications, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent experience.
VISA REQUIREMENT -
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to accept volunteers on certain U.S. visas with volunteering restrictions due to complications with work authorization and the possibility of putting one’s visa status at risk. We are currently working towards finding a permanent solution that allows U.S. visa holders to safely volunteer with us, but until then, please do not apply if you are a U.S. visa holder. We apologize for the unfortunate situation, and we hope to allow everyone an opportunity to become a volunteer soon. Please see our visa statement for more information.
- We are based in Seattle, WA (Pacific Time)
- Volunteers outside the Pacific Northwest are welcome but are encouraged to check our location's time difference.
Please apply here and sign up using Volunteer Application form.
Help us create the Banana App, if you're ready to be our next teammate, our community needs you.
EOE Statement: The Be Good Project Equal Opportunity Nonprofit Organization.
DISCLAIMER: This is not a job contract but a representation of what is expected from the said volunteer role.
About THE BE GOOD PROJECT FOUNDATION
PO BOX 28745, SEATTLE, WA 98118, US
To build a strong community of people linked together by common good dedicated and united in helping each other end hunger and poverty through open education, constantly evolving technology and effective volunteerism.
All volunteer-funded and volunteer-led! Hunger Relief & Education Advocacies for all! Food-based/Tech-Based nonprofit! We are currently working on one of our most game-changing initiatives yet, the Banana App!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 31, 2021
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication