Plant it Forward in Newark (Rabbit Hole Farm)
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Join a team of passionate volunteers who are dedicated to local farming. Maintaining current planting beds, creating new ones, planting, digging, watering, weeding, composting, are just some of the tasks you will be assisting with. The mission of Rabbit Hole Farm provide a space in nature for exploring and education!
- Volunteers must bring their own face covering & latex gloves
- Willingness to change activities throughout your time is a plus
- Please wear work clothes you feel comfortable getting dirty (including shoes)
- Work gloves, sunblock, water and snacks are all recommended for volunteers to bring
- Following specific instructions regarding each task to help make everyone have a positive experience
About Jersey Cares
290 West Mount Pleasant Ave, Suite 1320, Livingston, NJ 07039, US
As a leader in volunteerism in New Jersey, Jersey Cares increases the level of meaningful volunteer engagement by creating and managing efficient, impactful projects that address critical community-identified needs.
Jersey Cares works to meet community needs by making volunteering easy and meaningful. We provide flexible, structured, team-based opportunities for volunteers to impact a variety of nonprofit organizations and bring positive change to local communities. Jersey Cares works directly with local organizations to identify their needs, and trains volunteer leaders to manage projects that address those needs. Most projects are ongoing, and volunteers (other than the Project Coordinators) commit to only one day at a time. All of this enables you to volunteer whenever and however fits your interests and schedule, and yet always make a real difference. Simply choose "Volunteer" from the left menu to get started on your volunteering adventure!