EP!C Harvest Garden - Ongoing Help Needed!
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Come play in the dirt with us and help EP!C plant for our Harvest Garden program! Social distancing won't be a problem in our 1-1/2 acre garden! Plus, gardening has proven time and time again to have physical and mental health benefits - here's a long, dry meta analysisto prove it! (EP!C does not offer medical advice nor should replace the recommendations of your doctor.)
PLEASE NOTE: We are adhering strictly to groups of no more than 10 people, including EP!C staff working in the garden. If a time slot fills up, we'll work with you to schedule an alternate time to keep everyone safe. Thank you for your understanding!
The Important Info (PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING UP):
- We will strictly adhere to the guidelines of having groups no larger than 10 people total (this includes EP!C staff working with you). Please do not bring extra people with you unless they have signed up through this link.
- Please bring your own gardening gloves.
- Everyone who comes to EP!C must have their temperature taken and complete a three-question health survey before volunteering. If your temperature registers at 100.4 or higher, and/or if you answer "yes" to any of the three health survey questions, you will not be able to volunteer. This is for the health and safety of everyone involved.
- You are welcome to bring a PPE mask to wear when outdoors if you like, but is not mandatory.
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- If you are feeling unwell, or are otherwise unable to keep your time slot, please notify Carmen as soon as is feasible. (We get it, life comes up - no worries if you can't keep your shift, just let us know please!)
You are welcome to sign up for multiple shifts if desired - 2 hours is simply the minimum we're asking for. Contact Carmen McCarthy at email@example.com or call 309-689-3606 with any questions. Thank you for being EP!C volunteers!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
1913 W. Townline Road, Peoria, IL 61615, US
At EP!C we enrich the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We envision a world where people with disabilities are respected, engaged in community life, and have every opportunity to achieve their personal best.
EP!C (Empowering People, Inspiring Capabilities) has been serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families since 1950 and continue to offer the highest standard of support and care. EP!C is committed to helping individuals with disabilities at all levels to achieve their goals and live their lives to the fullest.
We offer a range of programs and services to provide EP!C individuals with the educational, residential, employment, and care-taking resources they need. By empowering our participants to live their best life, we enrich their lives, the lives of their family members, and larger central Illinois community.