Operations Associate Fleet Volunteer - Omaha
Help coordinate the scheduling, utilization, maintenance and documentation, of American Red Cross vehicles to ensure the organization has a fully operational and deployable fleet.
- Ensure each vehicles registration, insurance and associated documents are properly stored/displayed in all regional fleet vehicles.
- Support vehicle maintenance and repairs in concert with the fleet vendor (Element) and the local automotive maintenance and repair shops.
- Work with local service providers and Fleet staff to ensure timely preventive maintenance on fleet vehicles.
- Performing light maintenance and support keeping vehicles clean to ensure the fleet remains in top condition.
- Conduct regular inspections of vehicles to identify repair or maintenance needs as they arise.
- Advise regional Operations team of process improvements to help find efficiencies in maintaining the regional fleet.
- Support the onboarding of new authorized drivers to the American Red Cross in all departments ensuring they have received correct training on the organizations processes and safety guidelines as it relates to fleet
- Time Commitment: as needed
- Maintain a valid driver's license from the state in which they reside
- Qualified MVR (motor vehicle record)
- Knowledge of DOT (Dept. of Transportation) a plus, but not required
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to assist with fleet coordination using logistical organizational skills
- Understand American Red Cross fleet program manual and DOT fleet policies and standards
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
2912 S 80th AveOmahaOmaha, NE 68124
July 30, 2021
- Transportation Management
- Administrative Support
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- On an as needed basis