Community Auctions/YESS Set-Up Volunteer
Youth Emergency Services & Shelter (YESS)
Are you looking for an out-of-the-ordinary volunteer experience that you can complete on your own time frame in the community? We might have the perfect opportunity for you! YESS recently partnered with Community Auctions to raise funds for our services and shelter. Community Auctions is best known for organizing silent auctions in malls, hotels, restaurants, and other sites. These silent auctions feature sports, pop culture, and patriotic memorabilia. In exchange for helping set up, refresh, and tear down auction sites, YESS will receive a percentage of all sales. We’re looking for volunteers to help us with the set-up, check-in, and tear-down processes.
How it works:
- Apply to be a Community Auctions Set Up volunteer
- Get trained on how to set up, refresh, or tear down a site
- Sign up for a shift (Friday afternoon through Tuesday evening) to be available to complete a set-up, refresh, or tear-down*
- Receive a task list on the Friday afternoon of the shift you signed up for
- Coordinate with YESS to schedule a pick up/drop off time (if applicable)
- Sometime between Friday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon complete the actions listed on the task list
*One shift might include set up/refresh/tear down of more than one location
You can sign up for as few or as many shifts as you’d like - even one would help us out. The actual level of responsibility/activity will vary by shift according to the task sheet.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Joseph at email@example.com or 515-557-2262.
About Youth Emergency Services & Shelter (YESS)
918 SE 11th Street, Des Moines, IA 50309, US
Youth Emergency Services & Shelter (YESS) changes lives by protecting children and empowering families.
YESS offers emergency shelter and crisis care for children ages birth through 17, and counseling for families.