Neighborhood Walk to Defeat ALS Support Volunteer, Central Florida
The ALS Association Florida Chapter
The ALS Association Florida Chapter has transitioned all Spring Walks to Defeat ALS to a virtual, one-day event on Saturday, August 1 st. Individuals and teams will be "walking their way" in the home, around the home or neighborhood, or by caravan in their area.
Volunteers needed to "Adopt a Team" - assist the Team Captain for a couple hours a week as follows:
-Making weekly phone calls to team members to check in and encourage fundraising (mid-June until virtual walk day 8/1)
-Making phone calls to team members during both Team Weeks to encourage daily fundraising activities as outlined in their guides; there are 2 team weeks, June 15-19 and July 13-17, prior to the Walk Your Way event
-Assisting to secure donations from local merchants to use as prizes
-Helping promote the event, such as with postings on "Next Door" or a Community Facebook page or calendar
-Helping promote the team, such as by posting a video about the walk route
On Neighborhood site:
-Participating day-of (8/1) in a way you are comfortable (walking or driving)
-If the team you are matched with wins an item (from reaching fundraising goals), picking up and delivering the item, if possible (such as a snack)
Courtney Gibson, Regional Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 813.637.9000, ext. 121, to be matched with a Team!
About The ALS Association Florida Chapter
3242 Parkside Center Circle, Tampa, FL 33619, US
OUR VISION Create a world without ALS. OUR MISSION To discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
- People with ALS and their families come first in everything we do.
- Scientific credibility and innovation are the hallmarks of our research program.
- Commitment to excellence and professionalism are key tenets at all levels of our organization.
- We are one team with one vision and one mission working together.
- Collaboration and partnership within our organization and with others who share our vision and values are key to sustained success in the fight against ALS.
- Integrity, honesty and ethical behavior guide all our endeavors.
- Mutual respect is the cornerstone for all our working relationships.
- Diversity of ideas, cultures, ethnicities and backgrounds strengthen our efforts.
- Financial strength enables us to accomplish our goals.