Youth For A Better Future
In an effort to support our S.T.E.A.M. initiates we are in need of volunteers that have been or are currently working professionals in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and/or Math fields.
Ideally, the volunteer would offer just 30 minutes (or more) per week of their time for:
- Live or pre-recorded Q&A’s to discuss their background and experience working in their field
- Short 15- or 20-minute tutorials teaching something that our youth would find fun and interesting
- Offer insight to our team to help grow the program and youth participation
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Youth For A Better Future
1348 N Sedgwick St, Chicago, IL 60610, US
Our Mission is to empower youth to become future leaders and servants of their community through positive mentorship.
These are the programs that we currently offer:
(Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math):
- We are currently providing virtual S.T.E.A.M. experiences to youth, locally and nationwide.
- We strategically utilize our partnerships to inspire them to think about the future and lead them toward fulfilling careers.
(Family and Movement):
- We organize live Fitness classes and events to encourage our youth and their families to live healthy lifestyles.
- We create partnerships with professionals and brands to further our vision.
Mentoring Through Tutoring:
- Currently virtual, "Mentoring Through Tutoring" is a program that started in 2012 in the Englewood area of Chicago.
- We provide after-school "one-on-one" and "group tutoring" to youth grades K-12.