Grant Writer + Researcher
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
Grant Writer + Researcher:
We are looking for volunteer grant writer and grant research experts who want to give back to their community in a project centered capacity.
You should be motivated and willing to commit for one to three years to this newer non-profit to lay the groundwork for something special that will have a significant positive impact on the communities we work in.
For this specific position, we are looking for individuals with past grant writing and/or researching experience working with small and/or large non-profits in the Social Justice, Environmental Justice, or the Engineering industries.
We are an inclusive organization, if you do not have specific grant writing or grant researching experience, but want to learn, please apply, and notate in your application.
Volunteer Duties may include:
- Researching grant databases and clearinghouses.
- Researching global, federal, state, and local grants specific to the mission of SJEI to present to the board for consideration.
- Researching global, federal, state, and local grants specific to board requests.
- Write effective grant proposals.
- Complete global, federal, state, and local grant applications by collaborating with the Board of Director, Fundraising & Grants Director, Fundraising & Grants Chair, Organization Coordinator, and Project Coordinator.
- Other various tasks as they relate to the mission and goals of the organization.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.