A dirty job for your resume
Habitat for Humanity-Kansas City
Volunteer - ReStore Paint Processing / Merchandising AssociateVolunteer
ReStore Paint Processing / Merchandising AssociateReStore volunteers contribute to the success of ReStore by greeting, assisting, and answering customer questions about products and materials and communicating the Habitat for Humanity and Habitat ReStore mission. All ReStores directly help Habitat KC build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter in the Kansas City community and around the world.
This position is responsible for supporting the sales efforts at ReStore in our paint department. Currently, our four ReStores sell over $ 500, 000 (approx. 56,000 gallons) of paint a year. This position is responsible for screening, shaking, and tagging each container of paint that we received via donation or purchases. They will also stock shelves, set up displays, clean store equipment and assist in loading and unloading trucks.
* Inspect each container of paint
* Shake and color tab each container
* Stock and organize paint on the sales floor
* Clean up, dispose, and recycle paint that is not good for sale or give away
* Process the "Free Paint" and stage on the sales floor
* Responsible for keeping the mix area, paint equipment and other equipment clean to ensure longevity
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
Skills and Qualifications:
* Must be at least 16 years of age
* Must be able to retrieve material from bins, shelves and floor stacks and lift & carry up to 25 lbs.
* Must be able to distinguish the difference between colors
* Must be able to operate the paint shakers with training
* Customer service skills, including problem solving
* Good written and verbal communications skills
* Prior experience in a customer service position is appreciated but, not required.
Time Commitment:1. 3-5 hours per week minimum2. Shifts available Monday - Friday (9 AM to 12 PM / 1 PM to 4 PM / 9 am to 5 pm)3. One shift per week4. Minimum one-month commitment
Training and Supervision:
● Training and Supervision to be provided by the project manager or the ReStore management team.
● Safety training is required.
Location:All four ReStore locations
Contact: Ken Strickland or Store Management816-231-6889 ext. 3205/ email@example.comStore management can be contacted via phone at 816-231-6889 and selecting the desired ReStore location.
About Habitat for Humanity-Kansas City
1423 E. Linwood, Kansas City, MO 64109, US
Our primary goal is to build affordable, energy efficient houses on inner-city sites for sale at "no profit/no interest" to selected low-income families who could not otherwise acquire decent shelter. A second objective is the reclamation of blighted urban residential areas from a condition of decay to one of new vitality.
Habitat for Humanity Kansas City is a non-profit organization that builds affordable houses for low income families.