13 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: ProMedica Hospice of Northwestern Pennsylvania
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
Offering your time and heart to a Hospice Patient is rewarding for both you and the patient. It enriches their quality of life and peace to them and their families.We have patients from Mercer County and up to Erie County. With patients all over and in between. You can volunteer to offer companionship to patients; read a book, just talk, play games. Relief to the caregivers, light housework, light yard work, maybe even meal prepping. We also are looking for volunteers who would be willing to offer music, art, and other creative entertainment at the bedside. If you have a registered therapy pet, we can even offer pet visits. We are also in need of people who are willing to sit vigil with patients who are near the end of their life. This includes extra training and experience.
If you have a kind heart and are looking for meaningful ways to volunteer your time, this is the opportunity for you.
About ProMedica Hospice of Northwestern Pennsylvania
3871 E State St, Hermitage, PA 16137, US
We believe wholeheartedly in the power of the individual, the importance of relationships and the value of respect and dignity to everyone at every stage of life. Our goal is to create a positive difference every day, to make a personal connection and to create memorable moments that will enrich your life.
ProMedica Hospice volunteers offer support, companionship and practical, compassionate help. Some interact directly with patients and families. Others prefer to work behind the scenes in the office setting. As a volunteer, you help determine which tasks you’re best suited to perform.THE TASKS OF VOLUNTEERS MAY INCLUDE:
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading, or providing a comforting touch
- Playing or singing soothing music to patients
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
- Providing a friendly visit to lift a patient's spirits
- Providing special veteran volunteer support to patients who are veterans
* We suggest volunteers wait a minimum of one year following the death of a loved one to volunteer. This allows adequate time to make appropriate adjustments after a significant personal loss.
Multiple locations Hermitage, PA 16148
August 30, 2023
- Elder care
- Visual Arts
- Administrative Support
- Animal Therapy
- Veteran Care
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hours vary by the amount of time you are able to commit to. We do ask that you can commit to a minimum of 2 patient visits a month.
- Completing the ProMedica Hospice application, complete and return 2 reference letters by 2 different references, complete background checks, orientation and training, and a TB Test.