English Language Learning Distance Tutor [UT Residents]
Rose Park Neighborhood Center GSF Utah
** UTAH RESIDENTS ONLY. THIS OPPORTUNITY IS DONE AT-HOME WITH STAFF SUPPORT**
Purpose of position
- Help adults learn to communicate in the English language in a comfortable, one-to-one, or small group virtual setting, under the direction of the ELL Program Manager
- Conduct lesson plan outlined with expected outcomes for each student and/or group
- Follow outlined lesson plan(s) and provide feedback at the end of each lesson plan to program manager
- Ability to use software (Burlington English) (we will provide training) and Google Applied Digital Skills
- Fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English
- Respectful and willing to learn about different cultures
- Friendly, dependable, prompt, patient, flexible, and able to maintain confidentiality
- Feel competent or/and familiar with Google Suites (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Must be 18 years old & able to pass a background check ($19)
- If the cost of the background check is hindering you from applying message us!
- Must attend a virtual 30-35-minute Introductory Tutor Training & 20-minute Volunteer Orientation prior to starting
- Additional trainings will be held periodically
- Virtual setting using Google Hangouts, Zoom or other online platforms; ELL Program manager will occasionally be present
About Rose Park Neighborhood Center GSF Utah
754 North 800 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84116, US
Our mission is to provide a happy place where individuals gather to learn and grow!
Our vision is to establish safe and beautiful neighborhoods where individual and family lives are enriched.