Chesterfield ReStore Cashier
Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price.
This Volunteer provides outstanding customer service to ReStore customers while accurately ringing purchases through the cash register.
Volunteer Shifts include, Tuesday-Saturday, 10AM-1PM or 2PM-5PM.
Essential Position Functions:
- Accurately and efficiently operate the cash register. (Square Point of Sale on iPad)
- Ensures each customer receives outstanding service by providing a courteous and professional interaction
- Maintains an awareness of all store promotions and advertisements
- Answers phones when necessary
- Adheres to all ReStore safety and dress code regulations
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries; escalates concerns to management when required
- Belief in Habitat for Humanity’s global, mission, principles and structure
- Ability to operate basic functions on an iPad
- Works well independently but can also work well in a group or as part of a team
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to stand for up to 3 hours at a time
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Ability to commit to at least one 4-hour shift 2 times a month
- Ability to successfully pass a Federal Background check and a National Sex Offender Registry check
Richmond Habitat for Humanity has updated its safety and sanitation protocols. For more information click HERE!
About Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity
1901 Roane Street, Richmond, VA 23222, US
Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity works in partnership with God's people from all walks of life to build simple, decent, affordable homes and to strengthen neighborhoods.
Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian housing ministry that builds simple, decent affordable homes in partnership with those in need. Families purchase these houses at cost through interest free loans. Richmond Habitat is a non-profit, 501c-3 affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, an organization founded by Millard and Linda Fuller of Americus, Georgia. Currently we build 18 houses a year with the help of generous corporate support and thousands of volunteers. Houses are built in the City of Richmond and the counties of Chesterfield and Henrico.