4 people are interested
Essentia Health East Range Hospice Volunteers
4 people are interested
Offering compassion and support to patients and families in our community
What are Hospice Volunteers?
Hospice volunteers share special time with people who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness and who face the final part of life’s journey.
Our volunteers are an integral part of the Hospice team! They support hospice patients and their families live life as fully and comfortable as possible.
Ways to Be Involved
- Hospice Home Care Volunteers - provide companionship, emotional support, respite and comfort cares in the patient’s home setting.
- Hospice Care Volunteers in a Facility Setting - provide companionship and emotional support for patients residing in assisted living or nursing home settings.
- Hospice House Volunteers - support a variety of activities in the Solvay Hospice House, including meal preparation and serving, hostess/greeter, music, laundry, patient/family visiting, and sitting with a dying patient (11th Hour Program.)
- We Honor Veterans Volunteers - typically these volunteers are veterans themselves and present a recognition ceremony and provide comradery for patients who are military veterans.
- Bereavement Volunteers - these volunteers are matched with families and significant others who have experienced the death of a loved one in the Hospice program. The volunteer will make check in calls and send cards during the 13-month bereavement benefit period.
- 11th Hour Volunteers - these volunteers fulfill a special calling that no one should die alone. They agree to be called on an emergency basis to sit with a patient who is actively dying, typically in a facility setting.
- Office Support / Special Project Volunteers - may be asked to type documentation notes, answer telephones, assist with filing, and compile mailings.
About Essentia Health Hospice
330 E 2nd St., Duluth, MN 55805, US
We are called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.
The Essentia Health St. Mary's Hospice program's basic principle is to support people in living until they die. That means we embrace patents and their loved ones with support that helps them along this path. Our goal is to provide extraordinary level of service to ensure patients and their families receive the compassion and dignity you deserve at the end of life.
Hospice is a philosophy of care that accepts death as a natural part of life. Since the end-of-life is inevitable, hospice seeks neither to hasten or postpone death. Rather, members of the hospice team focus on the patient's needs--physical, psychological and spiritual.
901 9th St N#215Virginia, MN 55792
July 7, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week