Project Lockdown: Grant Writer/Researcher
Project Lockdown (The IO Foundation)
We are looking for Grant Researchers and Writers who can help with funding proposals for Project Lockdown. This might be a great fit if:
- you have experience writing grant proposals, ideally in a non-profit environment,
- you are able to work independently and can take initiative to research available funding opportunities, and identify and engage with potential external partners,
- can commit time to prepare grant proposals, usually with deadlines,
- can work remotely to collaborate with the Resource Allocation team and Finance Officer,
- are interested in human and digital rights and want to contribute to Project Lockdown's goals.
Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering in this capacity and tell us a little about yourself!
About Project Lockdown (The IO Foundation)
Riia tn 128, TArtu, Estonia 50411, CA
Project Lockdown maps the different Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions enforced by governments across the globe in response to the COVID-19 crisis in order to visualize the success of different pandemic response measures, monitor effects on Human and Digital Rights, and clarify evaluation metrics.
Lockdown, quarantine, and isolation measures have been implemented across the globe to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and its strain on medical infrastructure. Project Lockdown is an open-source interactive map that empowers citizens, journalists, and human rights workers to easily analyze the social and political effects of these measures.
We are a global team of volunteers and developed the Beta map during the #EUvsVirus hackathon in late-April, where we won second place for the "Protection of Citizens & Democracy" challenge, and have since launched publicly! Our growing team consists of Data Scientists, Editors, Designers, and Web Developers, and we have support teams in Human Resources, Resource Allocation, Documentation, and Marketing and Communications. We foresee long-term viability for this project and welcome international volunteers!
Check out our interactive map at: https://projectlockdown.world/.