Disaster Responder (Guilford County)
American Red Cross
Start training to to respond during hurricane season and other large disasters!
Disaster Responder Volunteers are apart of a trained team to assist with sheltering, feeding, and distribution of emergency supplies after major disasters like multi-family fires and hurricanes. Be trained and ready when the time comes!
* Serve as a shelter worker on a disaster relief operation. Roles may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
* Meeting disaster-caused sheltering needs of individuals, families, and communities.
* Providing services with kindness and compassion that are accessible and equitable to all clients.
* Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisors and peers.
* Ensuring accuracy in all assigned tasks.
* Providing accurate reporting of sheltering activity as assigned.
This is a great entry-level opportunity to get involved with Disaster Response. Additional activities and training are available to get involved in areas like Disaster Mental Health Services, Disaster Health Services, Logistics (Distribution of Emergency Supplies), Reunification, and Community Recovery. Opportunities for deployment are also available.
**During COVID-19, volunteers can start training virtually**
About American Red Cross
690 Coliseum Dr NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross to support its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering. There are many ways you can volunteer in your local community, and we are always looking for people with various backgrounds, talents and skill levels . We have diverse volunteer opportunities in Blood Services, Disaster Services, Service to the Armed Forces, Communications, and Volunteer Services.