American Red Cross Board Member Riverside County Chapter
American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
The American Red Cross Riverside is looking for Board Members to help achieve their mission to "prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors."
A Board Member is a passionate leader who desires to make a positive impact on the community through their engagement in the Red Cross mission. In partnership with the local Executive, a board member will focus outwardly into the community to effectively mobilize support and resources around the Red Cross mission:
* Serves as the "Face of Red Cross" to maximize Red Cross presence and connectivity in a community
* Actively develops and grows financial resources to live out the mission
* Helps support mission delivery by connecting to and building relationships with strategic partners and volunteers
* Supports and advocates for "One Red Cross," as appropriate - Disaster, Service to the Armed Forces, Blood, Health and Safety, and International Services
Key responsibilities include:
1. RED CROSS PRESENCE & CONNECTIVITY: In partnership with the Executive, develops and implements strategies to achieve and maintain positive awareness of the Red Cross. Serves as the "Face of the Red Cross" in the community, representing the organization among various stakeholders, including government, community/civic, faith-based, educational, military, political, corporate, etc.
2. FUNDRAISING/FRIEND-RAISING: Partners with the Executive to develop and implement fundraising plans and strategies to ensure that revenue targets are achieved in order to deliver essential Red Cross services, locally, nationally and internationally. Engage and leverage their network of personal and professional associates to help achieve revenue targets. Identify, cultivate and steward potential and existing donors of influence and affluence. Actively serve on the committee(s) focused on the individual, corporate, foundation and/or special event channels.
3. MISSION CAPACITY BUILDING: Engage and leverage their network of personal and professional associates to cultivate and steward external partner relationships that create and maintain mission capacity. Support building capacity for service delivery through the effective involvement and engagement of volunteer groups and partners. Help ensure the Red Cross represents the diversity of the community served.
4. AMBASSADOR FOR ONE RED CROSS: Promote visibility/awareness of the entire mission as appropriate - disaster, service to armed forces, blood, health and safety, and international. Cultivate and steward external relationships that create and maintain connectedness within the community. Support building capacity for all lines of service delivery through the effective involvement and engagement of volunteers and partners.
Examples: Coordinate a presentation or training for their personal workplace or affiliated group. Encourage business, place of worship to conduct a blood drive.
Please check out this short video to hear current board members experience:
If you are interested, please send your resume to Kori Ahola at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 574-4629.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.