During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The role of Sheltering Service Associate is to serve as a member of a temporary work unit on a disaster relief operation to successfully complete their assigned areas of responsibility on a disaster relief operation. They ensure safe sheltering at a single shelter throughout the cycle of the disaster.
* Serve as a shelter worker on a disaster relief operation. Roles may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
* Meeting disaster-caused sheltering needs of individuals, families, and communities.
* Providing services with kindness and compassion that are accessible and equitable to all clients.
* Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisor and peers.
* Ensuring accuracy in all assigned tasks.
* Providing accurate reporting of sheltering activity as assigned.
2425 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28203, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
9800 Kincey AveHuntersville, NC 28078
May 19, 2020