3 people are interested
Mental Health Workshop Instructor for Active Military/Veterans (looking for licensed mental health)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Love leading interactive mental health presentations? Become a Red Cross Reconnection Workshop Facilitator and utilize your mental health background to provide Reconnection Workshop courses to military, veterans, and their families. Classes offered are:
-Exploring Stress and Trauma
-Relating to Children
-Working Through Anger
-Communication and Coping for Children
* Provide Reconnection Workshops for military members, veterans, and their families in various community-based settings.
* Advocate, share and promote information regarding resiliency with others in local area
* Remain clinically active for professional licensing
* Facilitate at least two workshops per year.
* Manage volunteers, work independently or with a team
* Perform duties within the scope of licensure and training
* Stay up-to-date on mental health research and practices for military, veterans and their families
* Holds a current, unencumbered license from, or is registered with, any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (any level license/registration, including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW).
* Masters level or above mental health degree
* Willingness to support the Red Cross mission and the United States military
* Personal or professional experience working with the military a plus
If interested in volunteering, please contact Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, Juana Zapata at Juana .Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
6235 River Crest DriveSuite ARiverside, CA 92507
July 27, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Orientation or Training Facilitate at least two workshops per year.
- Background Check Orientation or Training Facilitate at least two workshops per year.