Spanish Speaking Hospice Volunteers Needed in Volusia County!
Kindred Hospice - Daytona Beach
What does it take to be a hospice volunteer?
1. The desire to give your time, talents, and heart in support of hospice patients and their families.
2. Be at least 18 years old to volunteer directly with patients.
3. Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer orientation and annual training.
4. Obtain a criminal background check, finger printing, TB testing, and drug screening.
5. Must be able to transport self to patient home.
Volunteers provide friendly visits to hospice patients in their homes. Types of direct patient care may include:
· Respite Care (relief for family/caregiver)
· Light housekeeping
· Vigil Volunteer (sit with and attend to our actively dying patients)
· Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer (be paired with a patient who has been identified as a veteran)
Scheduling is flexible; hours vary depending on need and your schedule. Contact Sigrid Newbury, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (386) 597-6306 for more information. You may also click on the "I want to help" button.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice volunteer!
About Kindred Hospice - Daytona Beach
1717 N Clyde Morris Blvd, Ste 130, Daytona Beach, FL 32117, US
The mission of Kindred At Home - Hospice Division is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness.
Kindred Hospice serves patients in their homes whether it be their private homes, assisted living facilities or skilled nursing facilities.