Volunteer Recruitment Team Member - Vinton County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
Did you know that 90% of the American Red Cross workforce is comprised of volunteers?
Become part of the excitement of recruiting new volunteers to the American Red Cross! The Volunteer Recruitment Team assists with the recruitment of volunteers from diverse communities in order to support all the branches of the American Red Cross in order to fulfill the mission.
This fast-paced volunteer position is flexible and can be catered to your strengths, likes and time restraints! Team members who love public speaking handle community presentations while others who are not comfortable in front of groups help with material distribution and scheduling! Have a creative side, we have something for you too!
- Attend local outreach opportunities which can include (i.e. community engagement fairs, speaking engagements, blood drives, etc.)
- Present volunteer recruitment materials to the community
- Encourage community members
- Regularly communicate with Volunteer Services to be sure that information shared is up to date
- Goal Development
- Attend monthly recruitment team meetings
- Assist in scheduling events for the Recruitment Team
- Help develop new and out-of-the-box recruitment strategies
- Assist distribution of educational materials about the American Red Cross to (i.e. hanging posters, passing out flyers, etc.)
- Virtual recruitment activities online (i.e. posting or webinars)
- Punctual and dependable
- Enthusiasm for the American Red Cross mission and its programs
- Ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver great customer service
- Public relations experience (a plus)
- Excellent written communication skills (a plus)
- Ability to speak in public (a plus)
- Ability to represent the American Red Cross in a positive and professional manner
- Willingness to learn about all programs in the American Red Cross
Training is provided at no cost. The Volunteer Services Department asks that each person in this position give 5-10 hours of service per month or 2-4 events a month.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/volunteer, scrolling down the page and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check.
For question please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or at 614-395-3924.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Vinton CountyMcArthur, OH 45651
March 17, 2021
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hour per month and completion of online training modules
- Reliable transportation