17 people are interested
International & National Student Advisory Group Member
ORGANIZATION: New Heights Educational Group, Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
IMPORTANT AND BENEFITS:
- Community service hours are given for doing work as a student advisory group member and completing a service project under the supervision of a mentor. If needed, we will help find you a mentor.
- This is a virtual opportunity, so wherever you are in the world or the US, you are free to apply and join!
- This opportunity is for students with a passion for promoting education and have a passion for activities such as tutoring or leadership. This opportunity is for students ages 7 and up.
More information and how to apply:
Dream of being in an international student advisory group? Check out what we offer.
STUDENT ADVISORY GROUP (SAG) OVERVIEW
New Heights helps students plan and save for their future by writing grants on their behalf. In return, students participate in advisory group meetings and raise funds for themselves/New Heights. SAG students are a minimum age of 7 and/or have GPAs under 3.0.WHAT IS THE STUDENT ADVISORY GROUP?
The Student Advisory Group (SAG) promotes youth leadership, service-learning and critical thinking among students of all ages. Student advisors offer programming suggestions, delegate responsibilities to other students and bring a valuable perspective to New Heights’ work. All opinions are important, and all points of view will be respected.
If interested, here's how to apply:
1. Prepare a letter signed by your parents confirming that you have permission to join this student advisory group.
2. Hit the "I want to help button" on this site to let us know you are interested.
3. Email email@example.com with the letter of consent from your parents/guardian and your interest in being on the advisory group.
How often do you meet?
It is recommended that you meet at least once every other month.
What about a service project?
It is suggested that every student finds a mentor in their chosen professional area and works with them for at least six months. A letter from the mentor will be needed that shows time spent and what the experience entailed.
What are the testing requirements?
No standardized tests are required.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Meetings can be held in person or online.
- Each member will be given his/her own email address and online meeting information.
- Groups will create meeting agendas that allow for discussion, brainstorming and socialization.
- Groups can choose officers or rotate tasks.
- Members can call meetings as needed.
- Groups cannot issue directives.
- Parents may send in a letter telling about their student/child’s history but it doesn’t count towards the three other professional references required.
- Submit a letter giving permission to participate (from parents/guardians).
We respond to ALL messages, please check your spam folder if you don't hear from us. Email us at NewHeightsEducation@yahoo.com. Or message us on our HR Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/AqmPQ2uqBLoxbvl23. Phone numbers are appreciated, if we don't have a number and you don't reply to our email, we have no way of responding.
About New Heights Educational Group, Inc
14735 Power Dam Road BY APPT ONLY, DEFIANCE, OH 43512, US
Our Mission: The New Heights Educational Group, Inc. promotes literacy for children and adults by offering a range of educational support services. Such services include assisting families in the selection of schools, organization of educational activities, and acquisition of materials. We promote a healthy learning environment and enrichment programs for families of preschool and school-age children, including children with special needs.
We are an award winning resource and literacy center. We serve all families regardless of school choice or backgrounds. Apply to volunteer in one of our 95 positions, if you have a talent we can implement it. Contact us today: NewHeightsEducation@yahoo.com
*Please be advised that most of the potential volunteers that reach out to us, do not reply to our initial letter. Make sure to check spam folders, share a phone number and stay proactive in your onboarding.
Volunteer with us:
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 24, 2023
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Special Needs
- Must be at least 7
- 5 hours a month