7 people are interested
7 people are interested
Mutt Scouts is a 501c3 nonprofit dog rescue dedicated to rescuing, rehabbing and rehoming the neediest of dogs. We are entirely foster-based, and intake dogs from all over Southern California and Mexico.
The main role of the records coordinator will be to gather, document, organize and upload records for all the dogs within the organization. This individual will also be responsible for developing a system for tracking the dogs' vetting and identifying/notifying the team about any outstanding medical needs before the dogs are moved to foster and forever homes.
This position will involve interfacing with the team via phone, text and email, and often records requests are time-sensitive and urgent, so this individual should be flexible and able to maintain composure in a fast-paced, high-stress work environment.
Must be a team player, and maintain a positive attitude.
Highly organized and strong attention to detail a must.
Must be tech and social media proficient.
Bilingual (Spanish) a plus!
If you are interested in this role, please submit a resume and a letter detailing why you think you would be a good fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website to learn more about our mission, and we hope to have you on our team!
About The Mutt Scouts
N/A, LOS ANGELES, CA 90064, US
The Mutt Scouts is dedicated to helping homeless, abused and abandoned animals. Our focus is on those animals that may need that little extra care and support. Animals that have been abused and/or neglected often need that extra care to ensure their spot into a permanent and loving home. Many of these animals have medical conditions that have been ignored their whole lives or are shy around humans due to their lack of human contact. We are committed to providing proper socialization, training and medical care for each animal. Each animal is spayed or neutered and checked by a veterinarian where the proper medical care can be given. The animal is then placed into a foster home. Within the foster home each animal has time to adjust and learns how to become a happy and healthy animal, something we believe every animal has a right to.
We know we cannot help every animal in need, that is why we believe that animal welfare needs to be a community effort. We provide outreach to the community by educating on important animal matters such as spay-neuter and through education on the care and treatment of animals. We also try to make as many people aware of the consequences of pet over-population and puppy mills.
We believe all living things should be treated with the upmost care and respect.
The specific purposes for which this nonprofit corporation was formed are:
1. To rescue and rehabilitate abused, abandoned and homeless animals.
2. To provide proper socialization, training and medical care for each animal in our care.
3. To find loving and permanent homes for every animal we rescue.
4. To network animals that are in over crowded city and county animal shelters so that they may be rescued by other organizations or adopted directly by the public.
5. To provide outreach to the community by educating on important animal matters such as spay-neuter and through education on the care and treatment of animals. And to make as many people aware of the consequences of pet overpopulation and puppy mills.
San DiegoSan Diego, CA 92116
August 20, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Depends on level of organization, but likely starting around 10 hours/week until systems are up and running
- Facebook, texting, Google docs, shelter management system and emailing all required.