Have extra time during quarantine? Comfort a Hospice Patient
Suncrest Hospice is looking for volunteers to join the Suncrest Team as we provide excellent care and support to our hospice patients and their families in their homes and care facilities. We serve families in the Sacramento area including parts of Yolo, ElDorado and Placer Counties.
The philosophy of hospice care is to provide comfort and the highest quality of life that one can achieve at end of life. During this difficult time, when we can not have volunteers visit patients in person, there are other
ways in which you can provide comfort and encouragement to a hospice patient.
- Write a note/card/postcard with some encouraging words of hope or a poem or Bible verse
- Take a picture of your dog, cat, bird, rabbit and show them how proud you are of your fur baby!
- Make some individual, incredible art to share
- Sew a dementia patient fidget blanket ( google it for ideas!)
- Send these items to Suncrest and we will deliver them to a hospice patient
- Contact me if you'd like to help. There are so many who would benefit from hearing from you, and it just might make you feel better too email@example.com or call Sarah at 916-833-2728
About Suncrest Hospice
2250 Del Paso Rd., Sacramento, CA 95834, US
Our mission is to provide the highest quality of care and customer service to our patients, their families and our referring sources. We believe that exceptional clinical care must include clear communication, a commitment to exceeding customer expectations, and a dedication to deliver services with passion and integrity. We are committed to maintaining a team comprised of the most talented and compassionate professionals in the industry. As our greatest asset, our team supports each other, takes complete ownership of their duties, and continually seeks to enhance their education and personal character. Suncrest will reach its goals under the direction of leaders who seek to serve, an office staff that supports, and a philosophy that growth is only achieved through the greatest efforts of the entire team.
Advancement from this life to the next should be both dignified and comfortable; hospice allows patients to spend precious time with loved ones in the comfort of their own place of residence. Hospice care aims to treat the symptoms of the disease process and provide comfort and support rather than focus on halting, delaying, or curing the illness. Suncrest Hospice provides this treatment through qualified and