During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Join the ranks to help save lives as a member of the American Red Cross Summer Youth Corps!
The Summer Youth Corps program is for students 18-24 years old who through volunteerism gain insight into the life-saving work of the Red Cross' blood drives.
Additional opportunities to learn of the management practices and matrix-structure of the Red Cross will be available if interest is expressed.
What will I do?
· Work with the Biomed department to support Red Cross Blood Drives by checking in donors, providing refreshments, and supporting the Collection staff with following up on donors.
· Work with another department such as Disaster Services, Services to the Armed Force, Volunteer Services, or International Services.
· Complete a Red Cross Online Volunteer Application
· Ten blood drive shifts between June 15 and August 31.
· Provide your own transportation to drives and the office.
When and where does the Red Cross need help?
· Most blood drives happen through normal business hours.
· Other department work would be at the Red Cross office or done virtually.
What do I gain from the experience?
· A letter of reference and applicable experience for your resume
· Understanding of a nonprofit career path
· Further develop a wide range of skills and give back to your community.
Ready to apply? Submit your application at redcross.org/volunteer
Questions? Contact Brice Johnson, Senior Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
1510 N. Meridian, Indianapolis, IN 46201, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
29 S Stockwell RoadEvansville, IN 47714
May 12, 2020