Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security.
Role brief: Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for the organization.
May design and produce promotional materials. May also raise awareness of the organization's work, goals, and financial needs.
Serving as a key member of the Fundraising team, this role will be responsible for Fundraising in an effort to grow, evaluate, and prioritize the organization’s fundraising efforts.
This will include developing and executing fundraising campaigns, researching strategies for growing community and engagement, and identifying potential major gift donors among other responsibilities.
This is an unpaid volunteer role report that to the Fundraising Program Manager.
Developing, executing, and supporting the development of fundraising campaigns.
Communicating with new fundraising prospects to expand Haiti Now’s presence.
Supporting the Fundraising Program Manager in identifying and building processes to track and report on funding.
Working on special projects as applicable to support the advancement of Haiti Now’s development goals.
Updating social media posts.
Following up with prospective donors.
Taking part in meetings with the Fundraising team.
"Your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser."
Job Duties and Tasks for "Fundraiser"
1) Develop corporate fundraising programs, such as employer gift-matching.
2) Monitor the progress of fundraising drives.
3) Compile or develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
4) Develop and maintain media contact lists.
5) Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
6) Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events.
7) Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
8) Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
9) Prepare materials for charitable events, such as fundraising envelopes, bid sheets, or gift bags.
10) Create or update donor databases.
11) Establish fundraising or participation goals for special events or specified time periods.
12) Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
Bachelor’s degree require.
Marketing and/or Public Relations background preferred
Basic knowledge or interest in nonprofit fundraising/development
Minimum volunteer hours expected: 5-10 hrs per week
Established ability to write successful social media and marketing content with clear, precise and interesting writing skills
Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
Proficient with Facebook functionality, including fundraising and analytics
Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate distinctly and consistently
Reliable internet connection a must
Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
Ability to think creatively
Proficiency in Google Suite Apps such as Drive, Sheets.
Familiarity with Trello or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tool is a must.
About Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
1300 Washington Ave., #662, Miami Beach, FL 33119, US
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security. Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization. (Ayiti = Haiti in Creole) After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
To see girls in domestic servitude overcome extreme poverty, heal emotional trauma, and live rewarding lives. After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.