Blood Services Transportation Specialists
American Red Cross
Purpose: To transport blood and blood products to hospital customers throughout the region in a safe and timely manner.
- Distribute blood to area hospitals as routine or "stat" deliveries
- Pick up and return boxes as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner
Time Commitment: Variable; preferred commitment: 2-4 shifts/month
Willingness to support Red Cross mission
- Valid state driver’s license - 3 years driving experience
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
- Able to verify safe driving records with state or insurance
- Current car registration and insurance required if using own vehicle
- Experience to demonstrate reliability
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. (for hospital deliveries)
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Defensive Driving Course (within 6 months of placement)
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Transportation Specialist Training
- On the job training
About American Red Cross
250 Jari Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904, US
Mission Statement The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the Red Cross.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.