6 people are interested
Volunteering for Supporting the disabled, the poor/destitute in Tanzania (East Africa)
ORGANIZATION: Tanzania Environmental, Health and Disability Services Organization (TEHDSO)
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
We intend to visit the disabled clients in their homes and work together with them, stay with them, help them on their problems by physical, psychological and educational support.
The team will support them materials like medicines (anti pains or multivitamins) clothes distribution, school material support and food support.
You will learn a lot pertaining with the cause of their problems, their living standards, economical issues, their customs and believes on their malformations. The volunteers will benefit more on their exposure to Tanzanian civilians as they are very friendly to volunteers. Will experience different family activities and their cultural food including local fruits, local dances and traditional musics. Though they are disabled but they do some of the activities at their own, so volunteers will learn many things from these people. These group of people do expect much to learn from volunteers on their country customs and behaviour, their interest and their hobby, the team will work against the clients expectations.
The teams will stay at the Executive Director Family for the whole days of the stay and will provided meals and breakfast at a local available foods in the local context. The organization has made a very cheap cost for the stay of the volunteer as you can see on our website. www.envaya.org/tehdso
3 More opportunities with Tanzania Environmental, Health and Disability Services Organization (TEHDSO)2 Reviews
About Tanzania Environmental, Health and Disability Services Organization (TEHDSO)
P.O. BOX, Rufiji Street Mwanza, P.O. BOX 1310, Rwamlimi Street Musoma, Mwanza, Mwanza, TZ
Promote community sustainable development through awareness creation on health services, like; Medical supports & Treatment. Environmental protection and conservation issues, Community support to Vulnerable children, Women, Elders, Disabled and Community as a whole.
- History of the organization:
TANZANIA ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND DISABILITY SERVICES ORGANIZATION (TEHDSO). The organization registered on 20th March 2018 with registration No.00NGO/0009593 for promoting community health and environmental conservation.
- Goals Raising community awareness on of health and communicable diseases like HIV and AIDS, and non-communicable diseases. Promote and enhance environmental protection and conservation.
- Programs: Health Program (Teaching Program) Environmental Conservation Program, Vocational training and job creation program, Women empowerment program, Orphans and Vulnerable Children support program, Program for the disabled, Program for the sick people, Program for the people living with HIV/AIDS, Program for Nursery and Day Care center.
Provision of health education on non, and communicable diseases. Conduct research, mobilize/provide support to (MVC’S), IPC Services, Serve terminally ill, CHF support, Environmental protection. Environmental health, Supporting the poor/disabled/sick/orphans/vulnerable children/young women and women. Promote Human Rights to People, relief/peace & conflict management. Fund raising. Shooting/documentary. Link/work with volunteers, & other NGOs
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 6, 2023
- Math / Science Instruction
- Family Therapy
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- A volunteer have to adhere on time as explained but he/she must be flexible on a stay to the beneficiary, because there might be time adjustment during the visiting
- A volunteer have to assist the disabled or the poor family by in kind or psychological or educational support