ADMN: Board Secretary
This role will assist in managing all the legal documents, helps with coordination and management of board meetings held on a regular basis. This role will be responsible for scheduling board meetings, creating agendas, preparing and gathering necessary materials needed for the meetings. It is important for this role to collaborate with other stakeholders and board members to compile all the necessary information in preparation of board meetings.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- File, process, maintain, and log accurate board meeting documents in an organized manner.
- Executes on document workflows, and distributes all information to the appropriate parties.
- Monitors project documents and filing structures, and is responsible for quality control of all documents.
- Takes organized notes during board meetings and other meetings in which this role will participate in.
- Makes recommendations on more efficient ways of organizing documents and meetings as needed.
- Assist in development and enforcement of governance policies (non-profit, state or federal).
- Other administrative and secretarial duties as delegated by the Secretary.
- College degree preferred
- 2 years of corporate secretary or paralegal experience
- Experience in interacting with board of directors and senior leaders
- Strong proficiency in G-suite, Slack, and Jira
- Strong organizational skills required; must be detail-oriented
- Proactive, team player, flexible, eager to learn
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication skills
- Must provide a positive service attitude
- Discreet, and able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Passionate about JerseySTEM’s mission
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
Our Mission JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st century problem solving skills, and self esteem. Our Goals Reduce the gender gap in STEM participation by serving 25,000 girls by 2025 Bridge the innovation gap in STEM education by introducing novel formats for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Address the opportunity gap by expanding access to STEM programs in underserved communities
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.