Unique Union, Inc.
We are looking for 2 enthusiastic and creative Communication Specialists to join our team. As a Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our Social Media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts. You will be working closely with the Creative Director. The ideal volunteers will be self-starters and can work independently with ease.
Duties and responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop, implement and manage our social media strategy
- Define the most important social media and email key performing indicators
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Measure the success of social media campaigns
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Use social media marketing tools such as MailChimp, Later and Over App
- Monitor user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Provide constructive feedback into decision-making through Slack and in Zoom meetings
- Assist with the content curation of our monthly Newsletter
Desired experience includes:
- 1 year of experience as a Social Media Specialist or a similar role at a nonprofit/social enterprise
- Social Media Strategist using social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Eventbrite, and other social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player in a small group
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in visual art education, urban culture &/or psychology
This position would be great for a college student or part-time professional looking to get exposure and more experience working with an innovative organization!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Unique Union, Inc.
P.O. Box 63906, WASHINGTON, DC 20029, US
Unique Union, Inc. is a local gathering place at the intersection of urban culture, applied art, mental wellness and creative community in Ward 7 Southeast Washington, DC. Our mission is to provide meaningful, therapeutic arts programming for creatives of all ages, to educate the local community in fine arts, urban culture and mental wellness, to provide certified group art therapy to adults and youth suffering from mental illness, and to build strength in the local community.
The Unique Union, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization formed to provide a place where creatives of all abilities are encouraged to develop their full expressive potential through art. We offer a dynamic, unique, and constantly evolving program with our #SelfCareSunday Craft Workshops. Although we try to incorporate all of the fine arts into our programs, our focus is on visual and applied art. We have transformed our program to accommodate social distancing with our #SelfcareSunday Virtual Craft Workshops and Virtual Adult Mental Health First Aid Certification through the National Council of Behavioral Health (in blended format).
We plan to have the option to participate in certified group art therapy workshops. All activities are guided and enjoyed on an RSVP or walk-in basis. We are staffed by working creatives, and all structured activities will be led by master artist-teachers &/or certified art therapists. Unique Union, Inc. offers an art experience to the community that will increase awareness of the arts, create an audience for the arts, promote mental wellness for all and cannot be duplicated.