DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Kiva Loan Review Team Leader
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Do you have experience building relationships remotely? Would you like to use your skills to facilitate lending in over 50 countries around the world? Apply to become a Kiva Volunteer Team Leader!
Kiva’s Review and Translation Program relies on over 400 volunteers to edit, translate, and thoroughly review loan profiles from around the world. Kiva Loan Review Team Leaders cultivate team engagement and harness the skills of Kiva’s dedicated volunteers, who review Kiva’s borrower stories through an innovative crowdsourcing model. They provide leadership, motivation, and support to a diverse, multicultural, and global community of volunteers in order to keep loans flowing from the field to the Kiva website. They foster connections between the volunteer community and Kiva headquarters. This is a remote volunteer position.
Loan Review Team Leaders act as the first line of support for editors and translators to keep Kiva’s processes efficient and sustainable. They craft customized updates and develop creative approaches to strengthen team engagement. They maintain regular email contact with team members to field basic questions, provide guidance, and solve problems. They promote the use of Kiva’s loan review resources and escalate policy and technical questions to Kiva staff.
Loan Review Team Leaders help shape the future of the Review and Translation Program at Kiva. They exchange ideas and perspectives with other team leaders and Kiva staff in regularly scheduled conference calls. They also help develop, document, and share best practices for team leaders.
We are seeking applicants to lead a team of up to 35 volunteer translators/editors. This is a remote volunteer position.Successful candidates must have the following skills and qualities:
- Proficient and comfortable with written English
- Able to commit to 4-6 hours per week for 13 months
- Able to attend 3 conference calls annually with fellow Team Leaders and/or Kiva staff
- Skilled communicator and organized
- Is self-motivated, comfortable working remotely, and keeping up with deadlines
- Forms effective working relationships with colleagues they’ve never met
- Can provide feedback and instructions over email
- Enjoys working collaboratively and establishing targets for themselves and their team
- Comfortable with internet, email, and basic office applications such as word processing and spreadsheets
- Regularly checks and responds to emails
- Location: Anywhere, but can join conference calls where differing timezones are prioritized
- Managing volunteers
- Working with or managing geographically distributed teams
- Spanish, Russian, French, or Portuguese translation (not required, but a plus)
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Must have access to a computer , as the Kiva online platform volunteers use is not mobile or tablet-friendly .
- Must be willing to sign a volunteer agreement that covers protecting the privacy of Kiva borrowers and a standard media release.
- Must be willing to work remotely
Successful applicants will be expected to complete a language assessment and may be invited to an interview process afterward. Successful completion of the test and interview process leads to official training for the role beginning in late July/August 2023.
To learn more and apply, please visit our site.Please apply by May 31, 2023, and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Please apply here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/rtp/jobs/214541
More opportunities with Kiva
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
986 Mission Street, 4th Floor, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, US
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world. Learn more about how it works .
Kiva is an international nonprofit, founded in 2005 and based in San Francisco, with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. We celebrate and support people looking to create a better future for themselves, their families and their communities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 2, 2023
- Professional Development
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Can commit to 4-6 hours a week for 12 months