97 people are interested
WE NEED YOU!!Blood Drives- Ambassador NOW!!! Turn Compassion Into Action! (In -Person)
Please visit the new page to apply.
97 people are interested
Do you like helping people and saving lives? As a Donor Screener Temp-taking screening and Blood Donor Ambassador will help provide professional customer service in a medical setting to make blood donors feel inspired to return. Bring your welcoming smile to help save lives--support the American Red Cross blood program as a Donor Screener! Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience, executing donor temperature screening on potential donors prior to their entry into the blood drive. Blood drives are held throughout San Bernardino County. Volunteer hours accumulated can be used to satisfy applicable class prerequisites, strengthen your skills, learn new skills, or potentially lead to a recommendation letter resource.
This position and Blood Donor Ambassador & Temp-taking screening station is part of additional screening the American Red Cross has implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers, and general public health regarding COVID-2019 outbreaks.
- Greet donors and model excellent customer service behaviors. Manage donor flow at temp taking the station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain the purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand the reason for deferral if applicable. Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
* Manage the reception process by ensuring each donor is warmly greeted and assisted with initial intake according to the appointment priority system.
* Manage the hospitality experience by offering refreshments to donors, thanking them for their contribution, and alerting staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell.
* Socialize and build relationships with blood donors to promote future blood donations
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately.
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values.
* Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed.
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas.
- Two 6-hour shifts per month
- Professional, clear, and diplomatic communication skills
- Punctual and dependable in arriving for shift
- Reliable transportation
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection if participating in in-person activities
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT!"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
July 28, 2023
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- At least (2) 4-hour or 6-hour shift per month for 3-6 months.
- Daytime and evening availability, Red Cross training, volunteer orientation, and reliable transportation. IMPACT PEOPLES LIVES! Must be fully vaccinated no later than December 31, 2021, with required supporting documentation.