Social Media Influencer - EYEJ
EYEJ: Empowering Youth, Exploring Justice
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
15 people are interested
EYEJ amplifies youth voices for those that are silent. eyej.org
Mission: EYEJ: Empowering Youth, Exploring Justice empowers and amplifies the voices of teens and pre-teens by bridging them with diverse individuals to engage in interactive discussions centered around social justice.
EYEJ believes social justice means equality and opportunity for all. We believe a commitment to social justice requires us to value our collective diversity and commit to challenging injustice while simultaneously advocating on behalf of those who have the least.
EYEJ has served over 1,500 underserved youth through it's Discussion Series, EYEJ Impact 25 Youth Council, Change Summits, Y.O.D.J.: Youth Online Discussing Justice, DiscussSocialJustice and All-Star Reading Program.
History Due to the death and ruling of Trayvon Martin, and through discussion and civil discourse, several Plymouth Church, UCC members including Mai Moore and June Antoine quickly gathered Plymouth Church members together as they knew that youth deserved and needed support to be empowered in August, 2013. Founder: Mai Moore, with her background and success in the tech industry understanding the balance between taking personal risk, speed, business, creating impact and results and community was necessary to help to amplify youth voices. http://eyej.org/our-story/
Title: Social Media Influencers
Purpose: To identify needs of the organization and spread messaging around what is needed and create and cultivate new relationships and partnerships
Term: 4-6 mos. 5 Hours a week. Can take up to 5 persons. Start: May 2020
2529 DETROIT AVE. * CLEVELAND OHIO 44113 TEL 216.200.7042 EMAIL HELLO@EYEJ.ORG * EYEJ.ORG
- You have positive energy and love connecting with people of all backgrounds.
- Embrace diversity, culture, open-minded and an out-of-the box thinker
- Advocate or interested in learning how to be an advocate for change
- Support the mission of EYEJ
- Leader within your community, groups, friends
- Not afraid to work with people from all backgrounds including social-economic, race, age, education level and more
- Team Player
- Motivator, Inspirational and good at choraling people
- Driven, Self-disciplined and flexible
- Effective interpersonal and relational skills
- Enjoyable and positive and impactful communication and commenting
- Understand wide various social media platforms and how to engage
- Meticulous of details, and a keen eye to sales materials i.e. detail oriented
- Excellent and professional English writing skills, great communicator
- General understanding of the the EYEJ brand, the programs, mission and vision
- LEAD: to create an overall social media influencer plan
- Work closely with Social Media Team
- Engage with ALL EYEJ social media
- Research influencers pertaining to EYEJ's work and engage with them for EYEJ's mission
- Provide updated recommendations for EYEJ's social media
- Cultivate new relationships for partnership
- Understand the needs of EYEJ i.e. choraling volunteers, needs for funding, building awareness etc.
To apply: please email email@example.com with your Cover Letter, Resume/Bio, any questions and if applicable samples of your work. EYEJ will respond to you and set up a time to speak to discuss the role further.
About EYEJ: Empowering Youth, Exploring Justice
2529 Detroit Ave., CLEVELAND, OH 44113, US
Mission: EYEJ drives social justice reform by empowering young people to advocate for change. Vision: An equitable and inclusive world. Tagline: Empowering young advocates for change.
EYEJ empowers young people to be advocates for change through YODJ: Youth Online Discussing Justice and its Youth Council. The EYEJ community includes 900 diverse adult members, donors, allies and organizations who engage with and learn about social justice issues through dialogue with over 1,600 young people and participation in programs such as EYEJ Speaks and town halls.