3 people are interested
Sports & Competition Coordinator - Glacier Area Special Olympics. Help support our Athletes!
ORGANIZATION: Special Olympics Montana
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Primary Purpose: oversees all work and committees dedicated to facilitating local Area competitions. Works with SOMT’s Sports Department to ensure Area events are in-line with both state and international regulations. Assist the Sports Department in organizing first-rate sports training opportunities for Special Olympics athletes and coaches in their local Area. This position is the primary liaison between SOMT’s Sports Department and the local AMT and is responsible for ensuring that all coaches and athletes have the most up-to-date information regarding competition rules and regulations.
- General Area Competition Oversight: Together with the AMT, Area Games Committees, SOMT’s Sports Department, and GMS Coordinator organize, facilitate and conduct annual Area Games events.
- Committee Management & Recruitment: Work to recruit and manage volunteers and volunteer groups to facilitate Area Games events.
- Coaches Training Facilitation: Work with Local Program Coordinators and SOMT’s Sports Department to identity and offer at least 3 needed coaches training annually in the Area.
- Competition Registration: Design and distribute all Area Games competition registration materials to teams in the Area.
- Communication: Oversee all communication with the AMT, LPCs and coaches regarding training and competition opportunities in the Area.
- Meetings: Attend monthly AMT meetings as well as all Area Games committee meetings.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: Prior experience with a nonprofit organization or sports organization preferred. Ability to supervise and effectively delegate to other volunteers. The ability to communicate openly and in a timely manner. Must complete Class A volunteer application and screening process through Special Olympics Montana.
TRAINING PROVIDED: New coordinator orientation and position-specific training provided by Special Olympics Montana staff. Ongoing training provided annually.
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Glacier Area - Special OlympicsKalispell, MT 59903
July 13, 2022
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Snow Sports
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment will vary depending on season and needs