Help the homeless - remote and socially distant volunteer opportunities
In Philadelphia, Depaul USA addresses homelessness by providing a continuum of housing services from transitional housing to rapid rehousing and permanent supportive housing. All services are provided in a trauma-informed, recovery-oriented and client-centered model of care. Depaul provides housing, meals, life skills education and case management support to residents to ensure that they successfully exit homelessness. Program sites are located in Northwest Philadelphia.
Depaul currently needs remote volunteers to assist us with the following:
- Sponsor a meal by ordering delivery from a local restaurant. Lunch is generally 15 people per site and dinner is 30 people per site.
- Organize a drive for solo activity kits for our residents. May are anxious right now and we could use puzzles, colored pencils/crayons, playing cards, word searches, books.
- Organize a food drive for any of the following: jars of peanut butter and jelly, individually wrapped snacks, single serve juice.
- Become a pen pal. Many of our residents are anxious and without many of their usual supports. Write or email correspondence with a resident to check in on them!
- Help our gardens grow. Bring your own tools and help in our vegetable gardens or with light landscaping. Household groups are welcome and we will review tasks via Zoom before you volunteer.
- Get creative and design decorations for our lobbies. Seasonal and holiday cards and decorations can help brighten our buildings during these challenging times. All artwork welcome!
We can accept donations anytime at our locations. Call Sandra to arrange for a drop off. We also have limited capacity to pick up donations in Northwest Philadelphia.
Sandra Guillory, 215-438-3991 x 10, Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Depaul USA
5725 Sprague St, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19138, US
Depaul USA provides people experiencing homelessness with purpose and hope for a positive future.
Depaul USA is the US affiliate of an international organization that supports homeless and marginalized people around the world. In Philadelphia, Depaul USA operates Depaul House in Germantown, a transitional housing program for 27 men. In Macon, GA, Depaul USA operates Daybreak, a day/resource center that offers health care, hygiene, job training and placement, and education and recreation services. Movin’ On, a transportation and case management program operating out of the Rebuild Center, is Depaul USA’s program in New Orleans.