We are seeking volunteers to help in an arc of grassroots organizing that begins with relational outreach through wellness checks. In the first iteration, we will reach out to 70K people across Idaho. Texts are auto formatted, but we are also engaging in real conversations with people. You can spend as little or as much time volunteering as you like from 9am to 8pm in the comfort of your own home.
Protecting and advocating for each other is at the heart of what we do. We are grateful to be in community with you ALL ! We will navigate this difficult time together, and if we do it well, we will become stronger because of it.
More than ever before people are craving connection and community. We may never know another moment that holds such possibility for making meaning and shifting worldview, but we must act quickly and at scale to step into this space that is quickly being filled by extremist ideology, conspiracy theories and focused anti-government rhetoric that threatens the future of our democracy and the lives and wellbeing of this and future generations.
We have design a texting program that can be used from your computer. This outreach is part of an arc of organizing that necessarily starts with one-on-one relationship building to meet the scope and scale of the work ahead of us.
In this first phase, we are not asking anyone to do anything, simply giving them access to resources and opportunities they need. Each contact will be given a link to our website and critical links to direct services and emergent need at the state level and national resource links on COVID19, and links to TAKE ACTION on our shared campaigns as People's Action. We updating our content regularly to reflect the events taking place virtually through our national partners.
By building relationships we can bring people into virtual community spaces, and engage in authentic conversations about the policies that have led us to this moment and exacerbated the pain that is impacting people differently.
The response has been overwhelming and people are genuinely grateful to know that we are checking in and working hard for them and their families. A great many have taken it upon themselves to deepen their engagement by interacting with our website and reaching out. Volunteers have said this has been healing for them too.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About United Vision for Idaho
P.O. Box 2181, Boise, ID 83701, US
We are a coalition of more than 20 diverse Idaho non-profits working together to advance social, economic and environmental justice in our state, promote the health of our citizens and community by providing all people with access to the resources and tools to enhance their lives, that of their families, neighborhoods and state, without discrimination.
United Vision for Idaho’s Code of Ethics
1. We believe it is the primary mission of social movements to enhance human wellbeing, and help meet the basic human needs of all people, with particular attention to the needs and empowerment of people who are vulnerable, oppressed, and living in poverty.
2. We must focus on individual wellbeing in a social context and the wellbeing of society. Fundamental attention must be paid to the factors and forces that create, contribute to, and perpetuate social problems.
3. We believe that social organizations are obliged to promote social justice and social change with and on behalf of individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities without discrimination or regard for any religious or spiritual affiliation.
4. We must be sensitive to cultural and ethnic diversity and strive to end discrimination, oppression, poverty, and other forms of social injustice and we do this through a number of activities from direct action, community organizing, advocacy, social and political action, policy development and implementation, education, and research and evaluation.
5. We seek access for all people to the resources that enable them to enhance their capacity, address their own needs and that of their communities.
6. We also seek to promote the responsible, ethical organizations, communities, and other social institutions that address individual need and social problems.
7. Our work must be rooted in a set of fundamental values and the principles associated with them that stem from a human rights framework and are evidenced in our service, by our abiding commitment to social, economic and environmental justice, and the common good performed with dignity, integrity, competence and compassion.
Advocacy & Human Rights
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
May 21, 2020
Must be at least 15
You can spend as little or as much time volunteering as you like from 9am to 8pm in the comfort of your own home.