Virtual Marketing Team Lead
GIRLS WHO BRUNCH CO
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for department in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations volunteers and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
* Assist with updating and maintain ing GWBT’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
* Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
* Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
* Assist with the design of flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by GWBT
* Assist with updating the GWBT website when needed
* Assist with organizing and attend monthly marketing committee meeting , including preparing agenda and taking minutes
* Volunteer information tables and assist with outreach to the community organizations, public and donors with the message about GWBT ’s mission .
* Collaborate with volunteers on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
* Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
* Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
* Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
* Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in, WordPress highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
* An effective communicator, both written and oral
* Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
* Self -motivated, good organizational skills, detail -oriented, ability to prioritize, multi -task and meet deadlines
* Enthusiasm for the mission of Girls Who Brunch Tour and the girls we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 - 6 month commitment.
Hours: 8 - 12 hours/week,
Compensation: This is an Unpaid /Volunteer internship
About GIRLS WHO BRUNCH CO
PO Box 501134, Atlanta, GA 31150, US
The purpose of Girls Who Brunch Tour, a 501c3 is to cultivate, inspire, and empower at risk girls between the ages of 9-17 years old. We provide vital tools needed through literacy, education, life skills, and health & wellness to help girls become leaders and difference makers in their communities! Through our Ambassador Recognition Program, teachers, counselors, parents, and mentors recommend girls who maintain a good GPA, display exceptional leadership qualities, and perform community services. Ultimately each Tour is facilitated by Ambassadors and Women who are considered leaders in their community.
Girls Who Brunch Tour, a non-profit organization has now been in existence for over a year and with the help of many others like us we have impacted many lives through education, empowerment, and feeding programs. Inspired by the organization Black Girls Rock, Girls Who Brunch Tour wants to be an outlet to display the achievements and the true definiton of Girl Power nationwide. As Girls Who Brunch Tour continues to strive to expand its programs and offerings to the communities we serve, we have committed ourselves on our national tour to promote education, literacy, and self-esteem in the inner cities of America.