A Free Bird
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3)non-profit organization based in New York City. Our focus is to provide children, ages 6-18 who are patients or survivors of juvenile cancer, the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. We believe that artistic expression is critical for healing! A Free Bird supports children affected by cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing, and any other artistic passion they may have.
We are looking for an Audit professional who will conduct a wide variety of accounting activities. This individual will be responsible for designing audit policy, preparing, evaluating, and analyzing audit results for clients within non-profit organizations.
- Collaborate with your team on clients issues and make suggestions for business development
- Apply professional knowledge and work methods and business procedures to customers
- Prepare a financial report (statements, footnotes, and any additional information
- Manage various responsibilities in coordination effectively, fulfill project deadlines
- Fulfill other duties as required to assist the accounting department
- Auditing and handling of credit card transactions
- Plan, organize and work efficiently to find ways to increase the effectiveness of interaction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability/desire to communicate to vendors and colleagues
- The willingness to work both collaboratively with other team members and individually
- Knowledge of basic auditing, accounting practices and expertise in relevant computer applications, as learned through coursework or other training
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word would be strongly desired
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our interns/volunteers’ health and we will adapt to the new working environment accordingly.
Due to the coronavirus COVID-19, this will be a remote work from home position. A Free Bird is building our services even in this difficult time of the coronavirus to provide the best services to the children and are looking for self- motivated and hardworking individuals. Proper at-home working capabilities include Laptop, SmartPhone, and connection to WiFi/internet. Must be available to have a phone/video conversation at least once per week.
This initiative will still include the benefits of standard Internship Programs.
- Network and form lasting connections with fellow interns/volunteers
- Gain experience and explore different career areas
- Free admission to A Free Bird events
- Free makeup and hair-styling lessons
- Recognition and awards
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to fighting childhood cancer through art and music therapy. We provide children aged 6 -18, who are diagnosed with cancer, the chance to pursue their passion for the arts.
We believe that the strength and healing powers of the arts are the best therapy!
A Free Bird supports children diagnosed with cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, creative writing, graphic design, singing, and any other artistic passions that they may have.
A Free Bird addresses the needs of both children currently fighting cancer and of recovering children through two main programs Dream, FIGHT FREE and FREE.