Disaster Action Team Member (Virtual)
American Red Cross
Purpose : To participate in all Disaster Action Team program support and capacity building activities necessary to ensure effective service delivery during a DAT response
Key Responsibilities : Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing. This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
1. Supporting the annual goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
2. Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements change.
3. Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
4. Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader.
Key Qualifications :
* Follow and execute requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
* Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
* Build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals. Team member may work towards the DAT Service Associate response position.
About American Red Cross
100 Edgewood Road, Asheville, NC 28804, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.